Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Birth Control. Whee.

No more Femcon Fe for me. Couple of reasons:

1. I have to pay $54 because it's a tier 3 drug.
2. I forget to take it on time, even with an alarm set on my phone.
3. Most importantly, I am sick of my breasts aching. They've pretty much ached non-stop since I started it six weeks ago. Not just a little, but extreme twinging "owwww." I know that's common when you start pills, but seriously.

The only thing I liked about it was that it was chewable and minty. But after I learned that you had to swallow a full glass of water after chewing it, that kind of became moot.

So after a chat with the friendly nurse in my GYN office, I'm switching to the NuvaRing. No pills to remember, still hormonal BC, and it's a different formulation. Because it continually releases hormones, the risk of some of the side effects is lower. And I only have to pay $25 at the pharmacy because it's tier 2. Let's hope it works out. I'm all for trying new BC. I was on the patch for awhile several years ago, until it suddenly started giving me a red, scaly rash.

No comments:

Post a Comment