I'm doing better with stopping when I'm no longer hungry. I had really started the downward slide into "this is so yummy I want to keep eating it" territory.
Last night Beau and I went out to dinner. I ate about a third of my meal and then realized I was full. As usual, I immediately hiccuped, which cracks him up for some reason. Today, I decided to eat the leftovers for lunch. I was pretty hungry when I got around to eating them; I was at the grocery store when I realized I was hungry and so obviously couldn't eat right away.
Knowing my propensity towards gobbling (I also call it Hoovering) my food when hungry, I was very mindful of eating slowly and chewing thoroughly. I'd eaten about half when I realized...oh, I am full. I looked at the rest and felt kind of sad, because it was so tasty and I couldn't eat it again after it had been reheated. Then I told myself that I could order it again another time, and I shared some of it with the cats. It was fish and they were very happy. :)
mental exertion vs physical exertion
8 years ago
I've been struggling with this lately. I'm trying to not beat myself up over it, though, because it doesn't help me. Also, I have to remind myself:
ReplyDelete* I'm just starting out on this journey and it'll probably take me some time to really work on this old habit.
* I haven't had my first fill yet and I'm having a harder time noticing a very clear soft spot signal like I felt a week ago.
* I just realized I'm probably in PMS territory at the moment, so I have to battle old habits and PMS at the same time.
I'm so proud of you for listening to your body and sticking to it! I know that's a huge step and a significant milestone for you.
Thanks! You are absolutely right -- it takes time to break old habits and you're just starting. Once you have restriction again, it does get easier. PMS time is definitely full of weak moments for me, but I muddle through.
ReplyDelete