Just when I was thinking...oh crap, maybe I need a fill...the scale moved again. I've been eating some less-than-healthy stuff lately. Did you know that Twizzlers has a "Fire" flavor? I love Twizzlers and I love cinnamon candy. What a combination. Sigh. I have finally eaten them all, though. I won't buy anymore for a long time.
My beloved SparkPeople put out a fitness starter kit with a stability ball, resistance band, pedometer and DVD. I already have a pedometer but I bought it anyway for the other stuff, especially since it was only $24.95. I loved Coach Nicole's workout videos for the Swimsuit Bootcamp over the summer, so I know I'll like the DVD. I am such a nerd -- I got excited when I saw it and immediately bought it!
I've started recording some FitTV shows and trying them out. There's one that has a different form of exercise every show -- usually a couple of things, actually. One day it was Tai Chi and kickboxing, another day it was step aerobics and Pilates. It's only 30 minutes, not including commercials, but it's something different. The lead person is a bit overly perky at times, but the people behind her seem real. They even mess up sometimes. I just keep telling myself that it doesn't matter if I screw up as long as I'm still moving.
My current Netflix DVD is One-on-One with Jackie Warner, the trainer from the Bravo reality show Work Out. I never watched the show, but I like the DVD. It has three 20 minute segments for upper, lower and core, and they consist of strength training with bursts of cardio between the moves. It's fun.
Beau has had some bad health news, but the bright spot is that he's being more conscious about what he eats. He's eating more veggies (I'm sneaking them in, sometimes) and fewer carbs, especially white carbs. That can only be good for me, because those babies sure do manage to worm themselves back into your life.
We're coming upon the holiday season and that always makes me nervous. Even more food around. I'll just practice saying "no, thank you" more often. Or I'll take a tiny bit. Or I'll take some and tell them I'll eat it later but actually ditch it. I absolutely have to find coping behaviors for the bombardment. There's always cookies and candy around in the office.
When it comes to Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners, I'll just take small amounts of most things. I don't think it'll be a huge deal. I hope not.
I had brunch with my family last weekend and it went OK. It was a really carb heavy meal, so the things I took the most of were bacon and fruit. I ate small portions of everything else and had food left on my plate. I don't think anybody noticed. I did have a mimosa, though! I know, we are not supposed to have carbonated beverages. This is the second time I've had one (the first time was accidental, I thought it was juice and not a juice/Sprite mix). I think the juice part helped mitigate the bubbles. I slipped slowly and had no issues. I don't intend to start sucking down diet Coke, though. It'll be a very, very rare thing.
mental exertion vs physical exertion
8 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment