I hate that exercising sometimes takes a backseat to work. There are just so many hours in a day. I haven't been sleeping well, and getting up early is normally out of the question anyway. Last night I managed to squeeze in 30 minutes of cardio & stretching. My body expects exercise now. If I go more than a day without it, I start to feel sluggish and stiff and creaky. Weird, isn't it?
Last night, when I couldn't sleep, I was pondering some of the worst things about being morbidly obese. There are many of them. But the rashes probably would be near the top of the list. Especially in the summers, I got rashes between my fat rolls due to trapped sweat. I powdered between them or put deodorant there to help stop it, but it still happened sometimes. They were itchy and they hurt. I tried various medicated powders and creams in order to heal them, but they really didn't go away until it got cooler and I wasn't sweating so much.
There was also the acne. I got pimples in places I never did before, like my inner thighs. Again I think it was due to the trapped moisture and difficulty keeping everything clean and dry. Sometimes it was really painful. Maybe I should've gone to the doctor at times, but it was so embarrassing.
Luckily those are a thing of the past.
This morning, I was looking in the mirror while toweling off and noticed some new developments on my lumpy bumpy body. I've had some puckering/sagging on my upper abdomen, which I'm pretty sure is loose skin. Now I happened to turn around and see some sagging and wrinkling on my butt. Great. Not cellulite ripples, although I have plenty of that. Wrinkling in more of a loose baggy skin way. I can pull it taut and make it disappear.
Although skin can tighten up in time, and various things can help, I have a feeling I'm going to have loose skin no matter what, short of having surgery. I don't see myself being able to afford that -- financing surgery was a big enough deal as it was. And I think I'm OK with that. If I had the money for surgery, I'd likely do it (after having kids, of course). But I doubt I will. So I'll just look better with clothes on than off. Beau doesn't seem to mind. ;)
mental exertion vs physical exertion
8 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment