Monday, January 25, 2010

Look, Another January Post!

I started to write this in my response to Jennifer's comment, and then realized that I should post it here.

Pregnancy has most assuredly confused me with the changes it has caused in the signals I was so used to from my body. Lately it seems that the band has reversed -- I start out the day tighter and then get looser as the day goes on. I had almost gotten used to the opposite, so hey, thanks hormones. :) But I have adapted. It's easier to eat smaller breakfasts anyway.

Beau asked me the other day if (and when) I thought I'd get a fill after the baby is born. I honestly have no idea because I don't know what the band will do afterward. I am also going to breastfeed, so getting a fill probably isn't the best idea unless I feel super-loose. I want to make sure I get enough to eat. It seems more likely to me that I'll stay the same until I finish breastfeeding and then assess, unless something wacky happens.

It would be great if I didn't need another fill. But it all depends...on how I feel, how much I'm eating, how my weight loss is going. Of course I hope that since I'm not gaining a massive amount, I'll lose it relatively quickly post-partum, especially with the breastfeeding. However, I still had another 25-30 pounds that I wanted to lose beyond that. So it's all up in the air!

1 comment:

  1. This is when I want some omnipotent being to just lay it all out for us. "Look, for you Chrys, here's what's going on. This means this, and that means that. And for you, Jennifer..."

    Alas, that won't happen. It's a darn good thing we're smart cookies, eh? =)

    ReplyDelete