Tuesday, September 28, 2010

5DPT: Day 1

Yesterday was day 1 of the Five Day Pouch Test for me. I hate the first two days, ugh. Carb withdrawal headache galore. It was a rough day for me anyway as my baby has been on the cranky side. Anyway, here's what I ate:

Breakfast
Vanilla Protein Shake

Snack
1/2 apple

Lunch
1 cup Split Pea & Ham Soup

Snack
1/2 cup chocolate protein pudding

Dinner
1 cup Split Pea & Ham Soup

Snack
1/2 cup sugar free raspberry Jello
1/2 orange

The soup is yummy but I'm going to be ready for the soft proteins tomorrow -- eggs, tuna & salmon. The book/site has several good soup recipes, but since I'm the only one eating it, it doesn't make sense for me to make more than one for the first two days. So I'll manage.

I'm having a tough time getting in all of the water -- 64 ounces is a lot, especially when keeping up with an active baby. But I'm doing the best that I can. No problem following the drinking rules though -- 30 minutes before and after meals.

3 comments:

  1. Glad to see your posting fairly regulary again :). Congratulations on the birth of your baby. I'm so happy for you. Let us know how the 5 day pouch test goes. I'm going to check this out since I'm giving my own band a rest after needing an emergency unfill this last weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! So far it's going well. So sorry to hear about your emergency unfill! That's scary stuff. I hope everything is OK.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your concern but all is much better now.Just nursing things along a bit until the soreness goes away.

    ReplyDelete