Note: Instead of just saying "the baby", I'm going to call her "Baybum" here. Just like my husband has a nickname (Beau). I feel all super secret. :)
Anyway...I've actually lost a couple of pounds, which is pretty cool and an incentive to keep eating like I'm supposed to. Here's yesterday's menu:
Breakfast
two scrambled eggs with green onions & cheddar cheese
Snack
1/2 orange
Lunch
tuna with lemon pepper
Snack
protein shake
Dinner
salmon patty
Snack
1/2 apple
I actually cook the eggs in a coffee mug in the microwave and it works out really well. Just a minute or so (stirring after 30 seconds). This is much faster and easier, especially with a baby. I usually give her breakfast first and she hangs out in her high chair and plays while I make and eat my breakfast.
I got in some good exercise yesterday also. We went to a local park that I hadn't been to in ages and walked the shortest of the trails, for a total of one mile. It's not a loop and there was another 1/2 mile left, but is very rocky and steep -- too steep for me to do with my baby in a front carrier without feeling uncomfortable.
Hiking with an extra 20 pounds or so (baby on the front, plus diaper bag on the back) made that one-mile trek, which I used to do easily pre-pregnancy, a real workout. I had to stop and rest several times and I'm a little sore today. Of course, part of that is also due to the fact that I haven't exercised regularly since I was about eight months pregnant. It's really time to change that.
mental exertion vs physical exertion
8 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment