Oops, I forgot to post days 4 & 5. Time tends to get away from me. Well, here we go.
Day 4:
Breakfast
Two scrambled eggs with cheese & salsa
Snack
protein shake
Lunch
1 cup ham & lentil soup (the last of it, thank goodness!)
Snack
1/2 orange
Dinner
Salisbury steak, green beans
Snack
1/2 cup chocolate pudding
Day 5:
Breakfast
1/2 cup cottage cheese & 1/2 apple
Lunch
Leftover salmon patty
Snack
1 piece string cheese
Dinner
Baked tilapia & broccoli
Snack
protein shake
I'm still doing pretty good. I've added back in some carbs, but in small quantities and whole grains as much as possible. I had gotten into this bad habit of eating two slices of toast ("white wheat") with lots of peanut butter, washing it down with coffee, for breakfast. Big no-nos there. So if I want toast, I have one slice of very thin 12-grain bread with just the barest smidge of peanut butter, and eating that is secondary to getting down my egg or cottage cheese. I have to remember to put protein first! And if I want coffee I'll have to wait 30 minutes. Typically I end up not drinking it at all, which is probably best for me anyway.
I am doing without the "obligatory" starch (rice, potatoes, etc) at dinner often now and Beau is having to get used to that. But it's good for him too as he's a type II diabetic. We just have our protein, salad and another vegetable. No need for the starch.
mental exertion vs physical exertion
8 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment