I have felt almost no hunger at all since the surgery, which is a very odd sensation. I've gotten some head hunger, but I immediately knew that was all it was. Beau has been eating really badly since I'm not cooking -- frozen dinners and stuff like pizza rolls and chicken wings. They smell good to me, but I don't feel hungry for them. I guess I'm one of the lucky people that feel at least some restriction from the surgery. I get full very quickly. I just now felt a little hungry and realized that I needed to start my protein shake (My surgeon has his patients sip protein shakes between meals).
Speaking of protein shakes, I like EAS Advant Edge Carb Control. I got a bunch of protein powder samples from Vitalady.com, but I didn't like the taste of most of them. They were also just about impossible to mix up without using a blender, and I didn't care for that. I bought some Designer Whey powder at the grocery store yesterday and it tastes decent. I can't stand those thick, sickeningly sweet powders that I've tried. This works out cheaper than buying the premixed shakes and it also mixes up with a spoon.
I haven't gone out to eat at all. On Saturday, I did get a cup of potato soup to go at a soup/sandwich place and blended it at home (it was chunky). I ate it for lunch and for dinner. But this Saturday, I'm visiting my brother and we'll be going out to dinner. I plan to choose the restaurant or at least make suggestions so I can look at the menu ahead of time and pick. I will try some mushies on Thursday because obviously my first meal with them shouldn't be in a restaurant with someone who doesn't know that I'm banded!
My Opsite dressings peeled up most of the way themselves, I just pulled them off completely the other day. All of the incisions look good, but the port one is definitely still sore. I can't bend in certain ways, but that makes sense, since the port is stitched to muscle. I think I overdid it a little Saturday, because I went to the park and walked a mile and also did some light housework. Must remember, I'm still recovering.
mental exertion vs physical exertion
8 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment