When you're in the first four to six weeks after being banded, you're not supposed to concern yourself with weight loss. Your stomach is healing from the surgery. You're consuming only liquids for most of that time, so it is likely that you'll lose weight...but a lot of band patients put some of that back on when they start eating solid food again. I keep this in mind.
But when I put on my green pants this morning, I noticed that they were looser than the last time I'd worn them (when they were sort of straining over my gut, I must admit). So I got on the scale. Mind you, my fairly new digital scale's battery died a few days ago. I had to use the old-school one. But I was a few pounds down from the last day I weighed myself, which was Thursday. I need to not scale-watch. I know that's a bad thing, especially in the healing phase. I've gotten wrapped up in that before. But it is still encouraging. I'm getting away from 300. I never, ever, want to see that number again.
mental exertion vs physical exertion
8 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment