Wednesday, March 5, 2008

I have my first fill scheduled for 2/18. I already made the travel arrangements (bought my plane ticket). I'd planned to use two sick days (I need to stay in town until late on the 19th to make sure I'm OK). I used three leave days & one sick day when I had the surgery. I will have enough sick time by then but not leave.

However, I just found out that we have a big staff development day on the 18th. I have to be there. I haven't been in my job for that long -- about six months -- so I can't imagine having a good enough excuse as to why I can't be there. Especially as nobody knows about my surgery (they know I had surgery, just not what it was).

I really wanted to return to my original surgeon for the first fill. It's not cost or time effective to return to him again for all fills. But the first one seemed pretty important. I could reschedule it, but I was told that he books up quickly, 4-6 weeks in advance. My appointment is a little over four weeks post-op, and I can't imagine having to wait much longer than that. So I'm pretty irritated about it. I do have three local doctors who are willing to see me and I could probably just take a half day or something for that. I think one of them does fills on Saturdays even.

Not sure what to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment