Thursday, March 6, 2008

Three Week Bandiversary.

That would be today. It seems like it was only yesterday and also ages ago.

I am irritated at the administrative coordinator at work. She had the date for my training wrong. It's April 18, not March 18. Crisis averted. I can go get my fill as scheduled. Sheesh. She's a dingbat on a good day, I swear, but sometimes she's just outright embarrassing.

Anyway, today I started trying to eat normally. We had a reception for a new employee at work and the food consisted of chips & salsa, coffeecake, Oreos and a fruit bowl. I took two cubes of watermelon and two cubes of honeydew melon. I took tiny bites and chewed well and was fine. The manager who bought the food gave me crap about just eating fruit ("I bought that just for show...I got it cheap because it's old...") but he's just silly like that anyway and I wasn't offended. My supervisor only got fruit too and he said the same thing to her. We were teasing him because the last time we had something he bought salt & vinegar chips. Why would you buy chips like that when they're for a group of people?

I'm not sure why but I ended up going to Taco Bell for dinner tonight. I had refried beans as my first mushy food so I guess Taco Bell was meant to be my first "real" food? Beau has a thing this weekend so he's away from home tomorrow night & Saturday night. He wanted pizza and our Taco Bell is a combo place with Pizza Hut too. So I got him a combo with a personal pizza, breadsticks & a drink. I got two crunchy tacos & refried beans.

Forty-five minutes later I had eaten the beans and one taco. Really I should only take 30 mins to eat. No problems, I chewed very well. After I finished the taco I had that distinct "full" feeling. Halfway through eating I turned to Beau wanting a bite of pizza, only to notice that he had eaten everything already. Oh well. I think I'll take the other taco for lunch after I pick the lettuce out of it (warm lettuce = gross).

I track my food in SparkPeople so I just assessed the damage from dinner. 350 calories. And I'm still a little under my protein for the day so I'll need a snack tonight. This is the first day I've broken 1,000 calories since before my surgery, I think. I'm under their recommendation for carbs & fat, too (although I want to keep the carbs low if I can anyway). How weird is that? I can get full on $2 worth of food? Amazing.

This is what the surgery is supposed to do. I hope it lasts. I wasn't sure really if I had restriction before because I was eating things that mostly went down easily anyway. I just stayed within the portion guidelines and ate when I felt hungry. But I definitely got full quickly, so I guess I do have restriction still. I thought when I started having actual hunger in week two that it was gone.

This weekend is a big family lunch...that should be interesting. At least I am on regular food now.

My digital scale needs new batteries and they're coin cells so not a type we keep around the house. We have a dial scale too but I don't trust it as much. I was telling Beau, I appear to have lost 22 pounds but I don't feel it. So he was trying to make me feel better by saying that scale might be off and I've lost less, but I've only been using that one this week. I think he was saying that because he got what I meant -- I am so fat that 22 pounds is but a drop in the bucket. But it didn't make me feel too much better. I'll get new batteries this weekend.

I need to start exercising -- I know that'll help.

No comments:

Post a Comment