Thursday, April 10, 2008

Made of awesome.

I stayed up way too late last night for the second night in a row. I blame Beau. Anyway, I slept through most of my alarms and woke up about 15 mins late with that "ohmigod, shit!" reaction. I really wanted some coffee in the worst way, because I have a lot to do tonight when I get home from work and going to bed early probably isn't going to happen.

Although I have a coffeemaker and coffee at home, I didn't have the time to spare to brew it. (my wee 4-cup coffeemaker is very basic -- I use it maybe once a month. I used to drink coffee every morning, but that was when I worked somewhere that provided it for free.). So I decided I'd stop somewhere on the way. The locally-owned coffeeshop went out of business and has been replaced by a "wi-fi cafe" (kind of behind the times, aren't we?) that I didn't feel like testing out. Starbucks is in the opposite direction and usually pretty busy. However, Dunkin Donuts is right on the way and they have great coffee.

There wasn't a line at all, so I drove up, asked for a medium coffee at the speaker (no cream, no sugar -- I keep Splenda in my purse if I need to sweeten it) and paid my $2 or whatever it was.

It wasn't until I was driving away that I thought to myself, "That is the first time I have ever gone through the drive-thru at DD and not gotten a donut." It didn't even cross my mind; I brought a packet of weight-control oatmeal with me to heat up at work since I'm usually bad about leaving enough time to eat breakfast at home. In the past, I would've gotten at least two donuts: one Boston Creme (my favorite) and one coconut or apple cinnamon. But I haven't had donuts in at least six months. The last thing I've eaten with real sugar was the Cadbury egg at Easter and it was so sweet it hurt. Before that, I ate some sweet potato pie at my parents' house about a month ago.

I continue to surprise myself with the change in habits. I always thought that I didn't have any willpower. I guess I found it.

Also, I have a fill appointment for next Friday. Good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment