I got on the scale yesterday morning and saw that I'm down 30 pounds from when I started this thing (including when I started the pre-op diet). Oh wow. I'm down 1-2 pants sizes depending on which ones I try on. I put myself at meeting my 10% lost goal in May but apparently I will get there sooner than that. Next goal will put me weighing less than Beau and that's a good thing.
I have the exercise thing down pretty well -- I looked back at my tracking and realized that I exercised 6 days last week. Now I am working on doing it for longer and making it more intense. Last night I did one of my DVDs for longer than ever before, so that was encouraging. Eventually I will add strength training but for now I'm mostly doing cardio.
Beau amused me yesterday because he told me that he and his friends were talking exercise for some reason, and he was surprised that some of them exercised. One of his friends said that he put a stationary bike in front of the TV. I would like to have a treadmill or an elliptical, I think. If it would encourage him then all the better as he doesn't exercise at all, unless you count the yard work and that's only 30 to 90 mins a week.
mental exertion vs physical exertion
8 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment