Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Second fill.

I had my second fill on Friday. New doctor. I'd heard he was handsome, and he was, but he was also very friendly and nice. I didn't like the fact that I waited 30m in the waiting room and another 30m in the exam room, though. I did see the nurse immediately but then had to wait on the doctor. Of course the fill took all of 5 minutes. No pain and no problems. He just does 0.5cc at a time after the first fill so I'll go back to him in a month (unless I feel I don't need it). That's OK with me, I'd rather not deal with being too full. I immediately felt restriction from just that little bit.

I was bad, though. He wanted me to stay on liquids for the rest of the day, then soft foods on Saturday, then regular foods on Sunday. But since I didn't do that after my last fill, which was larger, (that doctor didn't require it), I kind of shrugged it off.

On Sunday afternoon, I got bloated and had terrible gas pains. It wasn't like anything got stuck -- it was at least three hours after I ate. But I probably wouldn't have had that happen if I'd stuck to his suggestions. I had that episode Sunday afternoon, then another one late Sunday night/early Monday morning. I got very little sleep and ended up calling out of work yesterday. I stayed on liquids all day yesterday and felt fine. I think I just ate food that was too heavy on Sunday. Beau was pretty worried that something was wrong with my band, but I remember getting these pains when I ate something too heavy a few weeks after surgery. Same pain, and it wasn't in my stomach or port area. So I just took Gas X, used my heating pad, rubbed my gut and it went away.

More learning!

No comments:

Post a Comment