Thursday, June 12, 2008

Almost...there.

Imagine my surprise when I got on the scale yesterday morning...only half a pound away from 50 pounds gone. Fifty! I am going to schedule a massage then. Cost be damned. I deserve it. Those Wal-Mart pants I bought a couple of weeks ago fit just fine now.

Yesterday I had my annual exam with my OB/GYN. Usually a source of anxiety, because she always brings up my weight and points out that if I want to have children, it's so much better to be at a healthy weight. Last time I saw an NP instead and she was really insensitive and rude. I considered not going back to the practice at all because of her. But overall I like it there -- it's really nice, they offer all kinds of services, and it's all women. So I made a complaint about the NP and will not be seeing her ever again. If my OB/GYN isn't available for whatever reason, I could see one of the others (there are five, I think) and there's another NP and a couple of CNMs.

I ended up having a whole chat with the nurse about lapband. Turns out her husband has been contemplating it. It was actually kind of fun to explain it all. I don't do that much in person. I gave her the names of my surgeon and my fill doc. So that was nice.

Waiting in the cold exam room for 40 minutes in a paper gown wasn't nice. My OB/GYN got behind, apparently. I read a couple of magazines, stretched, meditated. Finally she came in. All went well. She asked me a lot of questions about the band also. It was nice to get good weight comments this time instead of the usual "you need to lose weight" ones.

I am changing to a different pill that she thinks will work better for me. I hadn't heard of it, but there are something like 40 brands available, so that's not all that unusual. This one is chewable. I can swallow small pills just fine (and birth control pills are tiny), but having it chewable is nice anyway. She also had two sample packs and I found a coupon online. Score!

My foot feels slightly better. I've still been taking it easy on exercises that I know will aggravate it, and I'm sure that's helped. Plus the arch support and the brace.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, how wonderful! Wow, 50 pounds! I can only dream about that right now.

    So, I was wondering, for the number of pounds to lose on your weight loss ticker, where does that take you? To the skinniest you've ever been at this height? To an "okay" weight, even if not your skinniest? The weight you always wanted to be at this height?

    I can't decide what is a realistic goal for me. There's what I always wanted to be when I was my skinniest at his height (still about 20 pounds overweight), there's my skinniest ever (would kill for that right now), and just to get 199 or less, or even just in the low 200s. So hard to think about! I just don't know what I will physically be able to do.

    I think I'm going to make my goal weight to be in between my lowest ever and what I used to think I wanted to be. *However*, I will be satisfied even with 199 or low 200s. Basically, I'll keep on adjusting my goal weight as I continue my journey as necessary. I don't want to feel like a "failure," but I also don't want to set my goal too high and never even try to do better.

    I guess it'll be a living process. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, I'm pretty freaking excited. I really didn't think it could happen in four months!

    That takes me to 175. I don't know how realistic that is; I last weighed 175 when I was 18. According to most height/weight charts, 173 is the top of my range. Not that I necessarily agree with those, but you have to go by something.

    Right now, I'll just be glad to be under 200. It is hard to think about being 175, but again, I'd never imagine I'd lose 50 pounds in this amount of time, either. I consider it "living" also. If I never make 175, but I feel comfortable and happy with where I am, then that's fine.

    ReplyDelete