Well, as you can see by my ticker...the big 5-0 is here. Words cannot express the feeling of accomplishment and satisfaction that I have at seeing that. 77 pounds is a lot left to go, but if I can do 50 in four months, can do the remaining 77 before the end of the year? I am very cautious in my thinking, though, because it often gets more difficult to lose as the scale goes down. But I can get another fill and have more restriction, which makes it so much nicer. I feel pretty good right now, but I don't know if it'll last the three months (until August) that my doc wanted me to.
I made these fantastic flourless peanut butter cookies on Sunday:
1 cup natural peanut butter
1 cup Splenda blend
1/4 c. egg substitute
1 t. vanilla extract
4 oz dark chocolate
Mix all ingredients except for chocolate. Roll into balls and press with fork. Bake at 350 F for 10-12 minutes or until set but not browned. When cookies are cool, melt chocolate and drizzle on cookies.
I rolled them pretty small, so they're about 100 calories and 2.5 grams of fat each. Just one is a delicious snack. I've seen similar recipes around, but I added the dark chocolate. Beau likes them also. I don't eat dessert every day anymore -- some days, it was two desserts a day! -- but I still like it on occasion. I was craving peanut butter cookies and these are healthier than the ones I'd buy at the grocery store.
It's kind of weird when Beau sits on the sofa playing a PSP game while I'm busting my ass exercising to one of the Biggest Loser DVDs. When I finished, I was standing in front of the fan drinking water and wiping sweat off my face. He said, "You're cute." I said, "Cute enough to join?" and he said, "Uhhhh..." Not that I'd start him off on that. I've never seen him do a jumping jack, pushup or situp, let alone use weights of any kind. But that's OK. This is about me. I can't help but try on occasion, though!
Maybe he thought it was cute that I kept hiking up my pants. They're elastic waisted, not drawstring. Luckily I have others. There's really nothing cute about my exercising, though. My face gets beet red. I talk back to the TV ("How are you feeling out there?" Me, sarcastically, "Oh, awesome!"). If there's a lot of balancing involved I'm usually cursing because my legs are shaking or I have to touch the wall. Due to the foot issue I wear shoes & socks now. Then it's either yoga pants, sweat pants or shorts, a t-shirt and one or two sports bras depending on what I'm doing. If there is jumping involved, just one sports bra is not enough. At some point the t-shirt comes off. And then when I'm done, I'm panting and guzzling water. Sometimes he asks me if I'm going to live. And sometimes I say, "maybe."
mental exertion vs physical exertion
8 years ago
How awesome! I am SO incredibly happy for you!
ReplyDelete(Poop, I just lost my whole reply earlier. Grrr, stupid IE. I have to use IE because I'm logged in as my other account in Firefox. WhatEVER.)
Every so often, my Beau says maybe he should join my gym. Yes!! I get the impression he's a little bit more active than your Beau, but not by much. I was thiiiiiis close to getting him to take his bike to work several days a week, but he hasn't been lately. All is not lost, though. But maybe I can still get him to join the gym.
Congrats again! I'm just so giddy for you!
Congratulations on hitting 50! You may need to invest in suspenders.
ReplyDelete;-)