Monday, June 2, 2008

Apparently, I just need to bitch about a potential plateau and that's enough to move the scale again. Ha.

My SparkPeople challenge is over...and I did not meet my goal. I wanted to lose 10 pounds but I lost eight. I'm really OK with that, though. I intend to keep up that level of exercise and even increase it. That is an average of 2 pounds per week, which is great, and 10 pounds was ambitious. But I thought the increased exercise might do it. Who knows. Maybe I have gained muscle.

I have certainly gained agility and better balance. Twice in the past couple of weeks I've come close to falling (not anything unusual for klutzy ol' me) and been amazed at how I caught myself. The first time, I slipped on the freshly-mopped bathroom floor and found myself in a perfect lunge position -- although much lower than I usually go. The second, I slipped going down the stairs and managed to stay upright the entire time instead of collapsing in a heap. I didn't hurt myself either time.

The latest issue of Shape magazine (what, me, subscribe to that? Strange) has a feature about healthy snacks. Lots of great stuff in there, but naturally the Sara Lee cheesecake bites caught my eye. I pondered whether to buy them, but they are evil. When I got to the store, though, there was one carton left. I decided it had my name on it.

The nutrition label lists a serving as half the carton, which is atrocious at 440 calories. However, they're just 20 calories per bite (and around 1.5 g of fat). So I ate three of them Saturday night with no damage. No, there's not much nutrition happening there (some protein), but they are creamy and satisfying. You really can eat just about anything with portion control. I could never stop myself before, but now I can!

1 comment:

  1. I'm staying in the Bootcamp team for the time being. I think the toning exercises might actually be helping me be more fit (not necessarily thinner, but more fit).

    Better balance is a good thing. Perhaps some of that remaining 2 pounds IS muscle.

    I'm glad you found a good treat that you can eat in manageable increments. Cheesecake is good, but boy! it has fat grams out the wazzoo.

    ReplyDelete