Friday, July 18, 2008

Fill #4

Of course -- duh -- I got another fill. I love my fill doc. I love that he doesn't talk down to me in the slightest; I guess I am so used to that. He came in and said, "How are you doing?" And I said, "OK, but I haven't lost any weight in about three weeks." He said, "Then you need a fill!" I started to explain more, but he didn't seem to really need to hear it. He said, "I said three months, but that is really open...you know how you feel and what you need, so you should always just come in if you stop losing." He went to look up my info on his laptop and I told him off the top of my head how much he gave me last time and what I'm up to now. He seemed surprised I knew. Um, it's going into my body. I guess most people don't pay attention?

As usual the fill itself was uneventful. I will never used to the sensation of it "popping" in and out of the port. It was another small fill but I definitely feel a difference -- the water hesitates a bit before going through.

He suggested I think about meeting with their staff dietitian. Although I had the phone consult with my surgeon, he'd like me to get "plugged into" their entire system. I am OK with that, but I need to find out what it costs first since this is all out of pocket. We were talking and he asked if I had a hard time finding someone to do fills. I said no, but I did look around a lot and some docs wanted to charge crazy amounts. He asked "Like what?" and I told him about one that wanted $2800 for one fill. It's great that he is willing to see patients banded elsewhere. From some things he said, though, it seems that he would not want to see someone banded in Mexico because it's too much of a liability. Good thing I did not go that route.

So now it's liquids all day. I forgot my water bottle at home, which sucks, so I'm drinking tap water with Crystal Light. Had a protein shake for lunch. I will stop by the store and get some soup for dinner. Tomorrow is soft foods and then back to normal on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment