Most of my food cravings ceased over the past few months...yesterday, however, I was taken with the idea of cinnamon bears, Hot Tamales or a similar kind of spicy sweet cinnamon chewy candy. Not sure why. The only candy I've eaten is the occasional piece of chocolate.
My friend Jennifer was banded on Tuesday, by my surgeon. I am so excited for her -- it's a whole new chapter in her life. It really makes me flash back to the first few weeks after surgery. I have to admit, I had times where I wondered what I'd done to myself. Especially when there was pain. But ultimately I knew I'd made the right decision. And I still do, despite the plateau. Bleh.
Fill appointment tomorrow. Part of me is nervous that he won't give me a fill, but that's ridiculous. I'll explain to him -- I have not lost weight in the past three weeks. I'm doing everything you're "supposed" to do to break a plateau. I have stepped up my exercise and I'm continuing to vary it. I am tracking all of my food and watching my carb intake, protein and portions. I'm drinking more than 8 glasses of water a day. I feel like I am doing everything right and I'm not losing weight. I know I'm still eating more, because I'm hungry. My calories are a good 200-300 more on average than they used to be. The whole point is that I won't get as hungry. Hence, the need for a fill.
I'm also nervous that he won't give me much of one. Last time, 0.3 cc was enough to make a difference. He seems cautious. I don't want to be overfilled, either. Sigh. Oh well, we'll just see what happens.
mental exertion vs physical exertion
8 years ago
Thank you so much for thinking of me! I'm finally back in California and am very glad to be here. I was also glad I had a few days to recover from surgery before flying home. But boy oh boy, did I miss my Beau!
ReplyDeleteI have questions I want to run by you, mostly verifying "is this similar to how you felt??" type questions, but I'm also tired and don't feel like typing them all out in email. Dumb, huh? Maybe I'll just wait until tomorrow when I'm more rested than right now.
I'm glad your 4th fill went well and that the doc is good. That makes a huge difference.
Please feel free to ask me any questions that you want to. I'm glad that you made it home OK and that you're back with your Beau. Keep me posted!
ReplyDelete