I must note that I made my ticker slider a bunny, in case I change it again (I change it often). The title of this entry would not make sense otherwise.
Saturday I did a workout DVD I got via Netflix. I like Leslie Sansone's walking programs. They're low impact but you can still break a sweat and feel like you're really exercising. I have one of her DVDs with 1 and 2 mile walks, and I've done some others, but I decided it was time to pump it up. So I got her 4 Fast Miles DVD. Four miles in 50 minutes, I can totally do this.
And I totally did, and I was sweating and huffing and puffing. Because she's a sneaky. The "boosted walking" is actually jogging. Luckily it alternates in intervals with longer periods of walking. In the last one I mostly stuck to the fast walking instead of jogging, but I made it through and I liked it.
And as I alluded to, the bunny hopped...I got on the scale this morning to weigh in for a Labor Day Challenge I'm doing and lo and behold, down 2.5 pounds. Fantastic.
We had Mexican food for dinner Saturday night and I ate the rest for lunch yesterday. I got a salad, no shell, with tofu and without any cheese. I didn't even eat chips. Can you believe it? I can't. I've never gotten tofu there before, but since the options are chicken, tofu, steak and ground beef, I thought...OK, I just ate chicken for lunch on Saturday. Steak is a potential problem food, especially the tough cuts like flank steak. Ground beef, well, beef in general gives me digestive issues. So why not try tofu? And it was delicious. The salad had tofu, black beans, lettuce, cucumbers, onions, black olives, jalapenos, pico de gallo and guacamole. I also put some tomatillo salsa on it too, because I love it so.
Yesterday I bought this cute lil' Fit & Fresh lunch container and it is nice. Better than my myriad of little containers. And Saturday I had a massage. Blissful.
So, the week is starting off right. :)
mental exertion vs physical exertion
8 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment