Thursday, August 21, 2008

Sickie. Cardio. Fills.

Beau gave me his cold, I think, so I've been feeling rather gross and out of it lately. Last night I argued with myself about exercising, but ultimately exercising won out. I've been pretty consistent about exercising at least 5 days a week for months now and I don't want to break it if I don't have to. I hopped on the Wii Fit for some yoga, hula hooping, stepping and boxing. It's definitely enough to break a sweat but not too hardcore -- which is good when your nose is running. Bleh.

The night before, I did several SparkPeople cardio videos. One was jumping rope. I dug out a jump rope I've had for years. Turns out, I'm not very good at jump rope -- I never really was. And she does some tricky stuff with it, although there's always a simpler version if you can't follow along. But I got better as the video went on (it was about 10 minutes) and I kept up with it as best as I can. Practice makes perfect, right?

Fill #4 seems to be lasting, which makes sense. With my other fills, I started to feel my restriction go away after a few weeks, and by week three, it seemed pretty much gone. The band was resting on the fat layer around my stomach, so as I lost fat, I lost restriction. Maybe now I have lost enough weight so that it's actually around the muscle, which means that fills should last longer.

Saturday is a family lunch, which is always a little nerve-wracking. But I chose the restaurant, so I have already identified good menu choices. It's a pretty healthy restaurant already. I will pay close attention to how fast I am eating, the size of my bites, how much I am chewing, despite the fact I'll be talking also.

I am tempted to join one of the local gyms because it's so cheap right now. There's a $59 sign-up fee and it's $15 per month, no contract. I'm always of two minds about gyms -- I love the idea of having more exercise options, expert help, classes, etc. But my introvertedness and extreme self-consciousness make me feel terror at the prospect...

No comments:

Post a Comment