Monday, September 8, 2008

The FIRM!

I meant to post about my latest Netflix DVD -- The FIRM Cardio Dance Fusion. You can do each section as a "mini workout" or do the whole thing, which is 45 minutes long. I did the latter (naturally). I've done a few other FIRM dance videos and lots of other dance stuff, so I thought I'd do just fine learning the moves. But I wasn't. At least not with the first segment, which was club or modern. Something like that. There was one move I never got, although I tried my damnedest. I liked the second one, salsa, and the third one, which was jive. I love the jive anyway and I already knew a lot of the steps for it.

I really think dance is my favorite because it's fun, not just exercise. I was definitely sweating. I had to modify some of the jive steps (one of the dancers was doing the same) because the hopping isn't great for my foot, but I was still really tired when it was over.

I'm going to try it again sometime this week. Maybe I should practice the first segment a couple of times to see if I can pick it up. I'm not really a quick learner when it comes to stuff like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment