Friday, September 12, 2008

To fill or not to fill?

OK. Once again I'm in "Do I need a fill?" territory. I know I have been slacking lately. Not exercising 5 days a week. Letting simple carbs like potatoes become more common in my diet. I've only lost half a pound per week for the last couple of weeks, so it's not at a complete standstill. Must address those things. But I already have excuses. Like next week, due to work, I will be eating lunch and dinner in restaurants three days a week. I'm on a hiring committee and the candidates come for all-day interviews.

I was thinking of doing the vegan detox plan that Dee is doing. I've also been thinking of going back to the pre-op diet for a bit. The latter would be easier to do in restaurants, that's for sure.

It's so easy to be gung-ho at the beginning and then backslide as time goes on. I figured this would happen. I need to refocus, remind myself of my goals and tell myself that I can only keep feeling and looking even better. I'm feeling pretty good now and actually think I look OK (I have a waist again! I can see my collarbones!). But I'm still only a little less than halfway to goal, and still about 37 pounds away from my next mini-goal.

I need to check with my insurance to see if they still don't cover visits with a dietitian. My fill doc wanted me to see the one that he works with but I haven't done it yet. Assuming the answer is no I will have to call his office and find out what it will cost to go. I feel like I can't really go back for another fill, either, until I have done it. Although I know what I should be eating and not eating, I don't always do it! I definitely think seeing the dietitian could help.

No comments:

Post a Comment