I only exercised three days last week week. My goal is at least five days, but I was so busy with other stuff that I didn't manage it. I also ate a little worse than usual and gave in to TOM cravings, like more salt and more potatoes. The result? I only lost a pound last week. I've been losing about 2 per week since my last fill. I am glad I lost something, and I'm not that disappointed because I knew it might happen. But this just illustrates how important regular exercise is to weight loss. It's not enough just to eat less or eat healthier. I will never be an exercise junkie, putting in hours at a gym on a daily basis. But if I exercise at least 30 minutes per day (my goal is 45-60 minutes), most days of the week...I feel better and I lose more weight.
I felt all creaky and stiff on Saturday morning; my body just felt off. I think it's because I'm so used to being stretched and exercised, and I hadn't done it since Wednesday. After exercising on Saturday and Sunday, I feel so much better. It seems like such a no-brainer and yet it's something I have to keep reminding myself of.
I'm excited that fall is on the way; it's just too oppresively hot in the summer around here to do much outdoors. It also means opportunities to get Beau involved, as he's more willing to go for walks when it's cooler.
mental exertion vs physical exertion
8 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment