Thursday, November 20, 2008

SparkPeople Fitness Starter Kit

I was so into talking about the fill last night that I forgot to post about getting my SparkPeople Fitness Starter Kit yesterday. UPS actually delivered it to our neighbor's house for no apparent reason -- it had my name and my address on it! Beau was getting the mail when our neighbor came over and said, I think this is yours. Geez, UPS.

Overall, I think it's a good kit and was a good value for the money. I was a little disappointed that the workouts on the DVD were so short -- there's one for the resistance band and one for the fitness ball, each of them less than 15 minutes. Still, it is helpful for getting used to these pieces of equipment, especially the ball. And they were challenging for being short. My balance has gotten so much better but the ball is going to challenge me in new ways! I think I'm going to enjoy it. SparkPeople has other exercises using both pieces of equipment, and I have saved on my DVR an episode of the FitTV show "All Star Workouts" that uses the ball. So that's cool. I did both of the workouts on the DVD last night, and then did a cardio kickboxing workout, also from FitTV. I've learned that I enjoy kickboxing. I never imagined I would, but it's really fun and makes me feel strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment