Tuesday, January 6, 2009

10 Exercise Excuses & Responses

Excuses:

  1. I don't have time.
  2. It's too hot/cold/rainy/sunny.
  3. I'm not in the mood.
  4. I'm too tired.
  5. I can't afford to join a gym/buy equipment.
  6. I don't know what to do.
  7. Exercising is boring.
  8. I hate getting all sweaty.
  9. I have a bad knee/back/elbow/pinky toe.
  10. I park far away and always take the stairs, that's enough.

Responses:

  1. If you have time to watch a 30-minute TV show, you have time to exercise.
  2. Then don't exercise outdoors. 99% of my exercise is done indoors.
  3. Exercising actually improves your mood.
  4. It also increases your energy and helps you sleep better.
  5. You don't need to join a gym or have any special equipment. I exercise using websites, TV and DVDs. I acquired some inexpensive equipment over time.
  6. There are countless websites where you can learn about exercise and customize programs to your level of fitness. Or pick up a book. Ignorance is not an excuse.
  7. It definitely can be boring. You have to find something that interests you. I have the most fun doing "cardio dance" type routines (who cares if I look stupid, Beau's used to seeing that ;)) but I will try just about anything once. Seeing results makes it more interesting!
  8. I hate getting sweaty, too. Plus, my face gets all red. But I hate being fat more, and I can just go take a shower after I exercise.
  9. I have a bad back. There are certain moves I don't try and I have to modify some things, but you can always find a way to exercise. My back has gotten better now that I'm carrying around less weight, too. So will yours.
  10. I'm sorry, it's not. That's good, but it doesn't replace actual exercise. Sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment