Saturday, February 14, 2009

One year ago.

One year ago today, I had gastric banding surgery. After the surgery, I was in a hotel room with Beau for a couple of days. It was pretty much a blur. I remember how little I could eat -- shocking. I thought it would stay that way, maybe. But it didn't.

Still, one year later, I have 22 pounds left to my goal weight. I wasn't sure if this thing was going to work, I would've been even more upset than I had been with failed diets, since I spent a lot of money on this one. So far, so good!

Last night Beau and I went on a pants quest. Well, he got a new shirt. I ended up buying a pair of size 16 cargo pants at Belk's. 16. I knew that I probably could get into them, but when I took them into the fitting room, I had my doubts. The store had a lot of full-length mirrors and I kept thinking, who is that? She looks kind of cute.

A year ago, I wore a 28. On the day of my surgery, I was wearing a 3X t-shirt and yoga pants. I don't think I've worn a 16 since I was...20 or so, maybe. I really do feel like anything is possible. This is the best Valentine's Day gift I could have ever given to myself.

3 comments:

  1. Happy Bandiversary!!!

    Look how far you've come and how much YOU have accomplished. Yes, you had a tool, but that's all it is: a tool, not a cure. YOU did all the hard work (especially all the exercising, you are my role model!), and YOU deserve all the credit. I'm so proud of you (and only a weeee bit jealous). ;)

    Happy Valentine's Day, Chrys. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Believe me, I am shocked and amazed that I actually ENJOY exercise and miss it if I skip more than a day. WTF? Really? But that's how it is!

    You are doing so well, and you're going to make your goal. I know it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I missed saying it so...Happy Bandiversary! You are doing so good!

    melanie

    ReplyDelete