I was so uptight with my reflux issue (still feeling just fine!) that I haven't even written about my weight loss. I'm approaching the 180s. It could happen next week. Very, very exciting just to think about. The 190s are too close to 200 to feel good about for long, if that makes any sense. The further I get from 200, the better. I don't want to see a 2 there again.
My jeans are baggy. Again. I keep thinking, wait, didn't I just buy two pairs of jeans? I had to look back here and see that no, I bought them like three months ago. I've lost at least 15 pounds since then, so it only makes sense. I don't want to buy more pants already. My belt is on the smallest hole and the jeans bunch weirdly when it's tight enough to keep them up. I just have one pair of 16s. I know, I know, woe is me.
I'm exercising a little less intensely than I used to. For awhile I was doing 30 minutes of hardcore aerobics, which was good, but I seem to do just as well going for longer but with less intensity. And more yoga and sculpting stuff. A co-worker told me that I was looking "lithe." I would credit yoga for that. I know it's improved my posture. I would like to get a heart rate monitor to see what's really going on during aerobics but I don't really want to spend the $30 (the cheapest one I've seen).
I did do some step aerobics on the Wii on Wednesday night and my calves are still a tiny bit sore. Maybe I overdid it. It was easy to just keep going, because I was watching my soap opera at the time.
I'm just about burnt out on FitTV. There are no new All Star Workouts or eps of Sharon Mann, and there are just so many times I want to repeat those. I keep taping eps of Namaste Yoga that I've not seen yet, although I don't always do them when the voice over states that it's "an extremely challenging sequence." That usually means something like the Crane. I just don't have the arm strength for that kind of balancing pose.
So that means going back to my DVDs, some of which will be fresh since I haven't used them in months. And scanning my ExerciseTV on Demand for something interesting that works. Too many aerobics clips have a lot of jumping, which just doesn't work for my poor feet. I might also start using one of the Netflix slots for exercise DVDs again. Must keep it interesting or I'll stop. Not an option.
mental exertion vs physical exertion
8 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment