Thursday, March 5, 2009

Lumpy, bumpy, saggy, baggy

Doing OK lately. Nothing specific to report, really.

I did want to note that I really have such a fantastic supportive husband. Last night we were lying in bed and he was telling me that I was beautiful. I wasn't feeling it at the moment, because I'd done a mirror check just before bed and didn't like what I saw. Yes, I am much smaller that I used to be. But I somehow thought my body would have a nicer shape than it does. I still have back fat. I still have a gut and fat thighs. I could go on. Plus, I have several places (arms, hips, thighs, butt, breasts) that have sagging skin. I told him I felt like a bumpy ol' potato.

He said that maybe after we have children, we could look into doing something about that -- meaning plastic surgery. I said that would probably never happen unless we came into some serious money; I can't imagine being able to afford that. I'll just need to come to terms with being lumpy, bumpy, saggy, baggy.

But the fact the he mentioned it, while telling me that he loves my body as is (so definitely not in a "wow, you need plastics" way), knowing that I am unhappy with it...means a lot to me.

3 comments:

  1. What a sweet hubby you have! You're such a lucky woman! I look at myself and cringe! I am like one of those dogs with all of the extra skin! Sad, very sad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dee!

    Yeah, the extra skin is just pitiful. I hoped somehow that it might tighten up but it's only getting worse instead of better. Oh well. I try to tell myself that it is still better than weighing what I did, but at least I wasn't wrinkly then either. :/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Chrys,

    I'm so sorry I've been an absent commenter lately, but I wanted to let you know I'm still reading and nodding at all the right parts and rootin' for you all the way over here. Even though I'm past my big deadline at work, things are still a bit busy. Anyway, blah blah blah.

    Hurray for Beau being so wonderful!! You *are* beautiful, but I know it's barely any fun to hear it from someone like me. It means so much more to us to hear it from our partners! I'm happy for you and Beau. =)
    Mwah!

    ReplyDelete