The reflux has been better today. I've eaten pretty lightly and carefully for the past two days. Protein shakes for breakfast and snacks. Yesterday lunch was yogurt and half an orange, dinner was strawberries, turkey and cheese and a couple of multigrain crackers. Today I had some light clam chowder for lunch. Dinner is supposed to be "beans and greens." I made them last night but deliberately didn't use anything that I thought could even possibly give me heartburn -- no garlic, no spices other than salt and pepper, no ham or smoked turkey.
The doctor's office still hasn't called me back, which annoys me. Good thing it wasn't an emergency but of course I didn't tell the receptionist that it was. I did have another question for him not related to the heartburn that I'd like answered, so I will probably try again tomorrow.
Hopefully the reflux thing was a fluke. It really could've just been the aftereffects of the Indian food I ate on Sunday, which I haven't had in at least three years. It wasn't super hot and spicy, but it was definitely outside the realm of my normal fare. I'm just paranoid about slippage, expanding my pouch, erosion. I know that the risks of these things are small as long as I follow the rules and do what I'm supposed to, which I do the vast majority of the time.
mental exertion vs physical exertion
8 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment