Monday, June 22, 2009

5DPT For Reals

Yeah, I suck. I didn't start the 5DPT that Monday. I haven't written here as I'd planned. Other things going on...there's always an excuse, isn't there?

I did start the 5DPT today. And boy are those carb cravings huge. My boss, with whom I share a small office, is eating McDonald's for breakfast today. I smell the hashbrown. Good Lord. Fried potatoes, why do you torture me so?

Breakfast was an Atkins shake. I'm eating my mid-morning snack now, which is half a pear. Lunch is black bean soup, which I made last night. The other half of the pear will be my afternoon snack, and then dinner I have the option of another shake, more black bean soup or some pumpkin soup from the last time I did the 5DPT. I might make some chocolate pudding for my evening snack, depending.

The first two days are the hardest...I have to keep telling myself that. But I really have to break this carb thing because it's driving me batty.

Yesterday my mother gave me a dress of hers that I've long admired. It's a red silk cheongsam (mandarin dress) with embroidered flowers. Anyway, it's a size too small for me. So I can make fitting into that dress a short-term goal. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment