I think I'm driving Beau crazy. I talk about food a lot. Probably more than I ever have. Last night he said he needed a "snack" so I said I'd be in a minute because I needed to make a protein shake. While I was upstairs he ate two Pop-Tarts and a pudding cup (one of my fat-free, sugar-free ones but I told him he could eat them if he wanted). When I got upstairs I made my shake and used half a banana. I offered him the other half and he took it (how do you save half a banana?) After that he had a bowlful of Doritos. That's not a snack, that's a meal. I've discussed the concept of head hunger with him but he always insists that he's hungry. It makes me wonder about the whole carb addict thing. He eats a lot of carbs and sugar, so if they only make him crave more...that would make sense. But I try to generally keep my opinions to myself. This is my journey, not his. I am worried about his health but I can't make him change.
I do cook dinner though. I could tell he didn't much care for the turkey loaf, but oh well. Last night was buffalo chicken strips -- I broiled chicken strips that were coated in a teaspoon of olive oil and 2 tablespoons of red chili sauce. I figured you get the taste without the fat. He said that they were "interesting" but he would've preferred buffalo wings. Of course.
I'm not eating enough vegetables. My weight loss has stalled, which I figured it would at this point since I'm getting a fill next week. I reviewed my food logs for the past few weeks (love SparkPeople) and I think I'm getting too many carbs that aren't veggies, especially of the green & leafy variety. I admit I'm a little scared of them, because I always liked my veggies crisp and I worry that they'll get stuck now, so I have to cook them down. Last night I had some snap beans and I cooked them longer than usual because I was worried. They were still good though. So that's something to work on. I've been doing much better with the water. It's just hard for me because of having to stop drinking 30 minutes before eating and not start again until 30 minutes after. I tend to forget.
mental exertion vs physical exertion
8 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment