Friday, May 2, 2008

Yep.

So I figured that I wouldn't lose weight this week (or I'd not lose much; I've been averaging 2-3 pounds per week) due to the high calorie intake over the weekend. I usually average about 1100 calories a day and over the weekend it was more like 1600. And the scale hadn't budged since last week. I upped my water -- I fall shorter of 64 oz a day than I'd like far too often. I try to just drink straight water, but I drink more of it if I put in Crystal Light or a Lipton calorie-free tea mix.

I also upped my exercising. After doing two of the dance routines on my DVD (30 mins), I wasn't as out of breath as I used to be. So the next time I did it, I tried three routines (45 mins). That worked. I also tried some new routines in On Demand that used dumbbells. Lots of lunges and squats too...oh my aching backside. So I'm aiming now for 45-60 mins of cardio, five days a week. I need to do strength training two days a week. I have two 5-pound dumbbells, but they can get heavy quickly. I also have two 3-pound ones but haven't found them since we moved. I'd like to find them. I've considered a resistance band and other equipment, but I'm not sure what would be best for me. I also just read an article on kettlebells and they look interesting.

And of course I kept a close watch on my calorie intake.

This morning, I got on the scale...and I'm down a pound and a half.

I'm wearing my favorite jeans today, which are two sizes smaller than my highest size. Part of me will be sad when they don't fit anymore because they're too big, but I'll get over it. ;) I also decided that I can't wear my dark green cargo pants anymore. Aside from being faded and missing some buttons (they're oh so soft though), they're just too loose. I wore them earlier this week with one of Beau's belts, but they just bunched up around the waist. Oh well.

I have kind of a problem with my khaki pants. The biggest size is too loose. But the next size down that I own is a size smaller than I can currently wear. So I guess I'll stick with the big ones and belt them too. I should maybe hit a thrift store. It's just hard to find pants since I need tall ones.

2 comments:

  1. Hey! Congratulations on losing more weight! It sounds like some of the fat is being converted into muscle.

    1100 calories a day is pretty light on nutrients; I hope you are taking a multivitamin. I'm not certain what SP assigned you, but I think they recommend at least 1200 calories.

    I can't say I haven't tried that sort of severity in the past, though: when I tried dieting in high school, I ate 800 calories most days. Then I saw a news report that said the starving people in Cambodia only got 1000 calories a day, so I upped my intake to 1000 calories.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sarah. Thanks for the congrats!

    I'm not trying to be severe, and I'm not starving myself or forcing myself to stick to 1000 calories. What I'm eating is pretty normal for a lapband patient with good restriction. I can't eat more than 1/2 to 3/4 cup of food at a time (depending on what it is). So I don't expect to normally meet SP's calorie minimum for me (which is currently 1310) while eating according to the guidelines given to me by my surgeon and nutritionist.

    I take a daily multivitamin as well as 1200 mg of calcium, and I usually meet or exceed my minimums for protein, fiber and fat.

    So you're right, on the surface, that is a low amount of calories. But I have special circumstances. :) I am paying close attention to my nutrients, losing weight at a healthy rate and feeling great. Thanks for your concern!

    ReplyDelete