Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Back to reality.

Back from vacation. We had a great time. We got upgraded to a suite, which turned out to be great because that meant we had a fridge, dishwasher and microwave. Not only did we save leftovers, we saved money.

Eating healthy was challenging, and I did make some poor choices, but overall I think I did well. I always had leftovers at dinner, so I ate them the next day. Beau and I shared lunch -- he doesn't have much appetite being outside in the heat all day -- which was good for both my health & my wallet. For breakfast I had protein bars and fruit. One day I had leftovers from dinner the night before. I don't see why grilled salmon with steamed cauliflower and broccoli aren't OK for breakfast. :) I avoided most of the bread and fried foods. We did get dessert a few times but always shared it, with Beau eating most of it.

I didn't go to the hotel fitness room, but that's because I walked at least 2 miles every day. I also did my SparkPeople video workouts via printouts. I know all of the stretching helped me from being achy.

I am here to tell you, there are healthy choices in truck stops, fast food restaurants and theme parks. There's no excuse to eat bad while traveling.

Looking forward to my fill on Friday morning...time to jump start that loss, dang it.

4 comments:

  1. I think you did really well during your vacation. You exercised when it would have been all-too-tempting to sit on your @ss, and you ate reduced portions of the more fattening foods.

    Your strategies were sound, and I think you saved yourself a lot of grief by using them. Good luck with the fill!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog!
    I think you did great on your little vacation!
    I was surprised how you can find healthy things to eat when you're out on the road! I was at a fair and even found healthy food! A person just has to pay attention. Something I should have done years ago!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dee, I am so flattered that you read my blog -- yours inspires me!

    I am surprised too, how much healthy stuff is there. Surely it's a mixture of my being aware of it and store owners/vendors being aware of consumers like me? It can't just be that I never paid attention...right? OK, I guess it could. ;)

    ReplyDelete