Thursday, July 3, 2008

Three things.

1. I am fairly sure that I will make a fill appointment for the week of July 14. My doctor only does fills on Wednesdays and Fridays. That will be two full months since my last fill.

2. I start my new chewable birth control pill, Femcon Fe, on Sunday. If you have also been banded and are considering starting the Pill or a Pill switch, I'll let you know how it goes. The Femcon Fe website has a coupon for up to $35 off your new prescription, which was very handy since it's a "tier 3" drug on my insurance plan and they only pay about 15% of the cost (fairly new pill, no generic and nothing quite like it). I ended up paying $16 for my first pack.

3. I am starting a 12-week challenge on SparkPeople on July 8. I really enjoyed the Swimsuit Bootcamp Challenge in May and I think that a new one is in order. This one is competitive, with teams and weekly weigh-ins. Should be fun!

2 comments:

  1. I'm curious why you're starting on a new chewable BC pill. I've been on the same one since April 1994 and it works great, so I'd rather not change. I was hoping the pill is small enough that it won't be a challenge after I'm banded. =}

    In two weeks from yesterday, I will be banded. Whooey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was briefly off the Pill (long story) and needed to go back on it. When I discussed the band with my GYN, she brought up this one since it is chewable. The Pill is probably small enough anyway not to cause a problem, but if I can avoid risking one in the first place, why not? :)

    Hurray! I'm excited for you.

    ReplyDelete