I have serious cravings for all of my old standard comfort foods when I'm PMSing -- fried food, especially french fries, as well as sugary snacks. Usually I just give into them, albeit on a much smaller scale than I used to. I bought some Hot Tamales (one of my favorite candies) on Saturday and have eaten a few. Straight sugar. I've found that my weight loss isn't really significantly affected, as long as most of the time I'm still eating healthily and I'm exercising like usual. I get some bloat but it's usually gone by the following week.
Today I brought yogurt and granola for breakfast, despite having a strong urge to get a chicken biscuit instead. Now it's lunchtime and my tuna salad isn't appealing to me at all. Instead I want some fast food, preferably with french fries and maybe chicken strips with a yummy dipping sauce like honey mustard. Lots of fat and salt. Oy.
I just seem to be hungrier during this time of the month. I know part of it is head hunger, but jeez, it's just annoying. It helps to make sure I'm eating on schedule; I try to avoid snacks but it isn't always possible. Sometimes they keep me from really getting into trouble. I'm going to get out my tuna salad now...
mental exertion vs physical exertion
8 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment