Friday, October 17, 2008

Weird.

Today I am wearing size 18 jeans. Seriously, size 18? Now they are size 18 at LB which is at least a size 20 elsewhere, but so what? Going from a size 28 to a size 18 in 8 months is pretty damn good even if I do say so myself.

The weird thing is the last time I wore these jeans, I weighed 195. But I am fitter at 225 than I was at 195, I think. Or maybe I am just shaped differently now. Or maybe sizes have changed somewhat. Who knows? Size 16 is the smallest size I have been in since I was maybe 14 or so. Now my mind is racing with the possibilities...what size will I be at my goal weight? Could I get to a 10 or 12? That would be so fantastic. I can't imagine being smaller than a 10. I base it sometimes off my mother because we are similar in some ways -- she's about half an inch taller than me and has the same broad hips and shoulders, although a much smaller bust. The smallest she's been since she was a super-lanky teenager is an 8, I think. But again, sizes do change. I know how much she weighs now but I'm not sure what size she's in.

Not that it's all about the numbers, but you know what I mean.

One of my co-workers came into the office today to ask something and said to me, "You are looking so thin!" It really made me smile. I've been wearing jeans 1-2 sizes too big so I guess it's more obvious now.

Hey look, only 50 pounds to go. 50 pounds is a lot but I know I can do it -- hey, I've done more than 75 already!

No comments:

Post a Comment