Sunday, October 12, 2008

It happened.

I saw my parents this weekend and my mother asked me if I was losing weight. I was wearing baggy jeans and a t-shirt that was somewhat fitted. I said yes. Then she asked me how much I'd lost and I told her, "about 75 pounds." She was amazed. She said, "You didn't tell anybody!" but I pointed out that it's not typical to make an announcement when you've decided to lose weight. She told me that she was proud of me.

It was nice to finally get acknowledgment. Now I know it takes 75 pounds for her to notice! I was wondering...

Of course, next she pointed out her gut (after telling me she was 5 pounds under my goal weight) and my father said he wanted to lose 40 pounds. They asked me if I did it through diet or exercise. Um, yes!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, a relatively significant milestone, indeed! I don't think it takes 75 pounds for your Mom to notice, but I think it might take 75 pounds for your Mom to notice *and* feel confident to say something. Although, I wish she felt confident earlier to say something positive and encouraging to you to help with the motivation.

    75 pounds! I get to giddy just thinking about it. You are wonderful. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You may be right. I was thinking about how many times I've seen her since February...and August was probably the only time I wore clothes that were more fitted. If she noticed then, maybe she didn't want to say anything because we were in mixed company. This was the first time I'd been alone with my parents in months.

    I am giddy too! Thank you, I feel wonderful! I feel like I can accomplish anything. :)

    ReplyDelete