Monday, November 3, 2008

80 pounds! Size 18!

Not a ton of stuff to say, but a few things I wanted to note:

I'm 80 pounds down as of yesterday. From 302 to 222 in 8.5 months. Very happy. I think the rest will be more challenging to take off. It's going a bit slower lately. But I can do this. I may need another fill, which doesn't excite me, but that's OK. I'm tracking my food and exercise again via SparkPeople.

Yesterday Beau was doing laundry and I didn't have a lot of options for what to wear while running errands. I decided to dig a pair of size 18 jeans (not Lane Bryant brand, either) out of a drawer and try them. A little tight but definitely wearable!

I saw some relatives during the week who hadn't seen me since August and that was only briefly. Lots of compliments! They didn't directly allude to the weight loss, just said I was looking really great.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, 80 pounds!!! I swear I'm never going to stop being amazed even though I know that's why we're banded, heehee. Congratulations, Chrys!

    And isn't that grand about the smaller pants? I tried on a shirt I remember wearing when Beau and I started dating, which is still 20 pounds less than what I weight now and it actually fit. I was going to wear it to work that day until I remembered I need to add a button to it. Ah well. I'll do that and then wear it. And I have two other shirts in the same size, but different colors that I can wear, too. I'm ecstatic.

    Also, my RSS feeder hasn't shown a new post from you until the one on 11/4. I think I figured out why... if you don't put a subject line in it, my feeder (in Firefox) doesn't show an entry for you. Badd RSS feeder, no biscuit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am still amazed too! Thanks!

    It is grand indeed. I am not surprised that you can get into a smaller shirt even though you weigh more than the last time you wore it -- I have run into that too. The last time I wore size 18 I weighed under 200. All I can figure is that I'm losing weight in different places, and that may be due to the exercise.

    I will try to remember to put subject lines in from now on. ;)Actually I would rather do that to make it easier for me to read back, I just forget sometimes!

    ReplyDelete