I am amazed at what my body can do. I forget how far I have come sometimes.
I am a big fan of FitTV's All Star Workouts -- I record them on my DVR. Last night I did Cardio Boot Camp with Kendell Hogan. I do have to do the pushups on my knees, and I can't go down as far as I'd like, but otherwise, I can keep up with it just fine. This is not something I could do 90 pounds ago. Jogging, jumping rope, jumping jacks. Even skaters...I broke a bone in my foot doing those about 12 years ago, but I feel so much stronger, more balanced and coordinated now that I tried them and did just fine. I got sweaty and I felt challenged, but I didn't feel like I was going to pass out from the exertion. Good grief, could I actually hope to be...in shape? Fit? At some point? I don't know what my fitness level is right now...I've seen some tests online but most of them require using a heart rate monitor, which I don't own. Perhaps I should. I'm curious!
mental exertion vs physical exertion
8 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment