Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Forgive me, readers, for I have sinned.

It's a slippery slope, I tell you. After the 5DPT, I was limiting my carbs to whole grains once per day, as suggested. Then of course I started eating other carbs. Saturday was a Non-Healthy Eating Day as I have recounted. This morning...I had a McDonald's sausage biscuit. I couldn't eat all of the biscuit part. Why did I get it? You see, I wanted coffee. Through a failure of my home coffee maker, I had to stop for it. Due to time constraints, I got McDonald's coffee. And although I had a perfectly healthy and delicious breakfast packed (mixed berries, raw almonds and fat-free Greek yogurt), before I knew it I was ordering a sausage biscuit.

Ugh. I disgust myself sometimes. I know, it's normal to crave and eat junk food on occasion. Emphasis on "on occasion." And beating myself up about it is pointless. But still. There's nothing good for me there, so why do I want it? And I'm trying to get to that 100 pound mark and get under 200 pounds. It's a little more than 2 weeks to my one-year anniversary of the surgery. I don't think I am going to reach my goals by eating fatty meats and empty carbs.

I may go back to the 5DPT. Some people do it once a month just to reset, or when they find themselves slipping into the carb cycle, from what I've read.

Sigh.

What else? I am feeling fat today (it's a relative term, I know). We all have our clothes we wear when we feel that way, right? One of mine is a solid black empire-waist tunic top with pleats in the front. It's cotton and has a satin inset on the bodice, so it's pretty, yet comfy. I make sure I wear it with pants that fit really well because you have to balance that whole thing out. But then I feel paranoid that it makes me look fatter than I am as it's a few sizes too big. And of course not too long after I first got it, my boss was remarking on how she didn't like empire tops because she thought they made her look pregnant. I knew she wasn't talking about me, but naturally it made me wonder if they made me look pregnant.

Um. At least I exercised pretty hard last night. All-Star Workouts boot camp. I like that one and I've done it multiple times. I get mad during the push-up segment because I can't do as many, but otherwise I keep up with it.

Finally...do any other bandsters reading this get gas from eating beef? It is a phenomenon I have seen on various forums and groups. One woman's husband dubbed them "steak farts" which made me laugh a lot. Beef has never been that kind to my stomach, and I eat it maybe a few times a month at most. But since I've been banded, it has this tendency to make me gassy. I had steak for dinner on Sunday and naturally it was affecting me yesterday. Ew. Oh well. That's why I mostly eat chicken and fish.

No comments:

Post a Comment