I got a fill after all but the most recent plateau post-surgery. That's because it was all about me being a carb junkie and the scale has been moving like crazy lately. :)
mental exertion vs physical exertion
8 years ago
I had lapband surgery on 2/14/08 and have an Allergan APS band. I'm also a new mom!
Hello
ReplyDeleteI found you through sparkpeople. I just finished reading your blog from start to finish and I have to say THANK YOU!!!! thanks for sharing your story. You are very inspiring. I am looking into getting a lapband for myself.
I have some questions for you if you have time to answer them...
What is PB? does that stand for puke burp?
who did your surgery and what was the final cost?
I am trying to avoid going to mexico and I am finding the options in Canada limited and also too expensive.
Do you still have no regrets? I look forward to hearing from you and also to keep reading your blogs!!
I added you as a friend on SP I hope thats ok
Melanie
Thanks!
ReplyDeleteAnswers to your questions:
1. PB is productive burp. It's not the same as vomiting because nothing's coming up out of your stomach; it's when food gets stuck going through the band. For most people (like me), it's lean over and out comes the offending chunk.
2. I don't want to discuss that here, but you can email me at green.chrysalis at gmail dot com and I'll answer. I did not go to Mexico and I had to finance my surgery, which I thought was very reasonably priced.
You are welcome to add me as a friend on SP, but I have slacked off on being there much lately.
I am so excited for you! It really shows when you put it on a graph like that. I hope I have a graph heading downward a year from now. You've done so amazing, and it's awesome to read your blog and see how your hard work has correlated with the down, down, down turn of the graph. Very inspirational!
ReplyDeleteTrina4ufl
Thanks, Trina4ufl! I'm sure you will have a similar graph in a year too!
ReplyDelete