Thursday, January 15, 2009

PMS Week

So I'm bloated as usual and not losing. I hate that. Especially feeling all confident after the 5DPT. I always hated low-carb diets and wouldn't consider what I'm doing now to be low-carb really, but I've cut out the sugar, white rice, potatoes and pasta that were becoming more and more a part of my diet. I have to make sure I get enough fiber, but otherwise, things are good, like remembering that protein really fills me up. One hard-boiled egg for breakfast plus half an orange and I am full until lunch. I'm not quite as carb monstery as usual with PMS week. I did successfully fight off a short-lived french fry craving the other day (salt + grease) by convincing myself that I'd probably get the old cold stale fries if I went through a drive-thru. Whatever works. ;)

I've also been low on energy, moreso than usual at this time of the month. I wasn't sure why, but Jennifer X suggested supplements. Then I realized, hey, I ran out of my liquid B complex and haven't been taking it for awhile, because I can only find it at Walgreen's. So I picked up some more and also got some CoQ10. Hopefully I'll start feeling more like myself. In addition, Beau's schedule has changed and he's getting home late a few nights a week, so that's affecting my sleep as well.

On the upside, a few days into my period I lose that bloaty feeling and end up losing a pound or two. So I'll just look forward to that.

Also, some of my size 18s are getting a bit baggy. Dare I dream of being in a 16 sometime soon? I hope not too soon, the two pairs of size 18 jeans need to last awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment