Thursday, January 8, 2009

Misc stuff

Four measly pounds away from hitting the 100-pound mark. I'll admit it, I'm obsessed with it. I couldn't do it by 12/31, but I am going to do it by 1/31, dammit.

I've gotten past the point of having to motivate myself to exercise, most of the time. However, this kicks back in when I'm tired and/or not feeling well. Tuesday night I didn't sleep very well at all, so I was dragging all day yesterday. I also got a bad headache yesterday afternoon that took a long time to go away. Between those two things, I was already full of reasons why I shouldn't exercise.

But I made a deal with myself: I'll exercise, but just for 30 minutes and it'll be low-impact. Exercising when you're really ill isn't good, but I wasn't. Just tired and headachy.

One of the shows I record on FitTV is In Shape with Sharon Mann. She can be too perky, but I like the show in general. There are always 2 different types of exercise and it's a 30 minute show. Sometimes I'll do two shows, or do 1 and then something else. When I want to have a quick workout, I might just do one.

So that's what I did last night; it was low-impact aerobics and then yoga for the cooldown. I got my heart rate up and sweat a little bit, but it was lower key than I usually go. I didn't try the high-intensity versions of things, either. She always has 4 people behind her; 2 of them work at a lower intensity and the other 2 work at a higher one. One of them seems to work at a super-high one, actually. I like that I always have someone to follow.

I felt good about myself; I still exercised even though I felt crappy, go me! I even felt a little better afterwards. Then I went to bed, a good 90 minutes earlier than my usual bedtime. I feel all better today. :)

One of my co-workers came into the office and said, "You look like you lost even more weight over the holidays." I said not really (which is true) and then she asked me what diet I was following. I said that I ate mostly high protein, fruits and vegetables...not much bread unless it's whole grain. And I exercise most days of the week. She asked me if I went to a gym and I said nope, I do it all at home, using DVDs and TV shows. She said that she had a hard time "making time" to exercise at home; she always came up with an excuse as to why she couldn't do it, so that's why she finds going to Curves easier. Hey, as you know, my theme is whatever works!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear about the exercising, that's great! My Beau and I have a new setup for our TVs at home since we bought the HDTV a few months ago. Now the main TV is in the living room instead of the family room. So he's usually in there watching TV, which gives me no excuse to *not* do some sort of exercise in front of the old TV now. There's more room in that room (which isn't saying much since both rooms are pretty small) and it's where I spend most time anyway. But for some odd reason, I seem to have a sort of shyness when it comes to exercising at home with someone else around. I can't explain it, but I'm finally realizing I have some sort of resistant to it in my head. I want to *want* to do it, but that's as far as I've gone. Seems weird, doesn't it? I have no problem exercising in a public gym, but in my own house with my husband (or any other housemate), I have a mental block. *rolls eyes* Yeah, I need to work on that. =)

    WOW, 100 pounds! You are so close! That's almost my entire goal. I know I'll have a harder time getting to 100 since it'll be closer to my goal and the loss rate will slow down, but man, you getting there just makes it seem so possible! When I was dehydrated from being sick, the scale had me down 51 pounds at my lowest. I knew it wasn't a "true" weight, but it was exciting to see nonetheless. I know I'll be there fairly soon. A half century!

    Go Chrys, Go! You're doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still feel kind of shy when my Beau walks through the living room while I'm exercising, especially if it's dancing because I already feel awkward enough. But not as much as I used to. I think it just takes doing it to get past it. :) I need to get a TV stand for the basement den and then I'll start exercising down there.

    I wish my entire goal were 100 pounds instead of 127. Sigh. Then I'd be almost there! It definitely does slow down and become harder as you get closer to goal; I've seen so many people say that. But obviously it is possible to lose 100 pounds...and 50 pounds is fantastic! I know you can do it! Thanks for the encouragement.

    ReplyDelete