I feel tighter. Time of the month? In the past year I've noticed that sometimes I get tighter, sometimes I don't.
I have definitely not been eating as well as I should. Too much snacking. Grazing. Carbing. Beau has some sugar-free cookies and they are so tasty. Yikes. They are sugar free but they are not carb free and they aren't healthy. As I indicated in my last entry, I did not start the 5DPT this week. OK. So I'll start it next week.
But...in addition to this, I've had some strangeness with the band. Thursday night, I was eating a piece of chicken and it got stuck. I usually don't have any problems with chicken unless it's dry, and this wasn't. I'd cut it up into tiny bites. I've made this recipe (a variation of chicken cordon bleu with a white wine sauce) multiple times with no problems at all. I ate it with some salad. All normal.
So that was weird. PB incident and it was ugly. I had heartburn, which has only happened with one other PB incident. Naturally that upset me even more. I followed my normal routine...wait a couple of hours, then drink water. That went down with no problems. I took some Tums. No more heartburn. No lasting tummy pain. So OK, I think.
Since it was a particularly ugly PB, I decided to have a protein shake for breakfast and tuna salad for lunch yesterday. I get pretty freaked out when something gets stuck, so taking it easy for the first few meals afterward makes me feel better. I felt fine all day. So I went to solids last night. More chicken, although different chicken from the previous night. (I eat a lot of chicken!) Once again...stuck. WTF? I was even extra-careful. These are not things that usually give me problems at all.
Maybe because I feel tighter, I'm somehow missing my soft stop? It's not as if I'm pushing past it. I don't feel full when this happens. I haven't had my hiccup. It's very weird. And it's making me nervous, because like all bandsters I freak out and OMG OMG my band will slip when this happens. Although my doc told me that it's pretty difficult to make that happen and you basically have to repeatedly break all the rules. I still panic like crazy.
I'm just going to be extra-extra cautious. Protein shake for b-fast again, tuna salad for lunch again. Not sure what's for dinner yet, but...not chicken breast!
mental exertion vs physical exertion
8 years ago
Oh gosh, I can totally understand why you're a little scared. Anything that's different than my previous norm usually gets me kind of worried and wondering. That's when I wish I was omnipotent and knew exactly what was going on and what I need to do. Too bad it doesn't work that way. =P
ReplyDeleteWhen I've had my first bite syndrome episodes (the bad ones), I've finally learned that I have to be extra gentle to my stomach for longer than I think. That is, drinking liquids for a meal or two isn't enough gentle behavior. It has to be at least a day, maybe more depending on how bad it was. My theory has been that once I've irritated the muscle, it takes more time to heal. I may not physically feel the irritation anymore, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's no longer irritated.
I don't know if that's what happened to you, but it couldn't hurt to stay on liquids or the tuna sandwich for dinner tonight just in case. Good luck!
I replied to your comment in my journal, but I'll say it here, too. Yes, I'd love to start the 5DPT with you! But, um, I was kind of hoping we could start on Monday... But I can start earlier if you really want. =} Maybe we should move this to email to coordinate. I'll let that up to you.
Yeah, I'd think that more than a year post-op, I'd have this thing down pat! Ha. Very funny, body. It likes to surprise me at times. I'm hoping this isn't the new norm. I might just take it easier for dinner tonight too.
ReplyDeleteOh, I wouldn't start it before Monday. No worries. Will take to email. :)