Monday, May 11, 2009

Remember me?

Hey, I follow blogs that have gone months without being updated. Why do I follow them, again? I'm not sure!

It's interesting how being banded and everything related to it doesn't consume so many of my thoughts anymore. It's just My Life. I don't get mad when I look at something I want to eat and think "I can't have that" because I know it's something that's likely to get stuck. That's just how it is. Things do still get stuck on occasion, because I still choose poorly sometimes or eat too quickly or whatever, but there are definitely foods I avoid now with regularity.

Maintaining is also interesting. I feel a little bad about it, but mostly I'm OK with it because it fits into where I am right now. I make decent choices, I exercise enough and there it is.

Yesterday I went shopping with my mother for clothes. This hasn't happened to years. It was too embarrassing to go our separate ways as she looked in misses' and I looked in women's (when she wore a smaller size). Or we went to stores that didn't carry my size, and I'd discover this when I found something I liked and flipped to the back of the rack. I don't like shopping very much anyway, and shopping with her can be a challenge because we have very different tastes.

This time it went pretty well. She helped me pick out some outfits and I tried them on in the dressing room. I couldn't wear a few L shirts because of the whole boobage issue, but otherwise it was good. I really liked how the dress fit me. I actually thought...hey, I have a waist and it's not huge! I did refuse to go back into the dressing room to try on more shirts, though. One stint in there is enough for me, thank you.

I feel OK with myself for the first time in a very, very long time. I feel like my best approximation of normal. ;)

4 comments:

  1. *waves hand excitedly*

    I remember you! I always enjoy reading your posts. =) Sounds like a nice, "normal" life you've got going now, which must be a pleasant change. Well, I think it would be for me, so I hope it is for you. This is what I'm loving about the band the most, too... that I no longer obsess about food and let it control my life. It's just another thing in my daily life that I like (like sleep or hugs or anything else enjoyable), but it doesn't consume me with a fever. I'm guessing I still think about the band more than you do, but it's still newer to me. I hope you continue to be happy with yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait until my clothes shopping experiences become a little less traumatic!! Just to be able to go into any shop with hope at least will be fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello there! Thank you for putting your story out there, I have found it helpful. I live in your area and I am considering the lapband surgery and I was wondering if there is a way for me to reach you so that maybe we could have coffee and discuss the Dever surgeon and etc.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous, you are welcome. I would be glad to answer your questions via email at green.chrysalis@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete