Friday, October 9, 2009

Another long time, no write.

I know, I've been very bad about keeping this updated. Well, up until now, there really hasn't been much to say that's band-related. However, that's changed. A few weeks ago I started noticing that I'd have periods of looseness and tightness, often within the same day. I'm figuring that's related to hormonal fluctuations. So far it's not been a problem. I can usually tell when I feel tight, and I eat more carefully. Of course I should be eating more carefully when I'm feeling looser too, because it's easier to take in empty calories and high-fat stuff. I've not been that vigilant about it. Not anything in mass quantities, but definitely eating more junk.

Unfortunately, I'm often tighter in the evening than in the morning...the opposite of a lot of "bandsters" (although maybe it's more normal for pregnant ones, I dont' know). Of course we tend to eat our largest meals in the evening, so suddenly not being able to eat as much (although my body wants me to) is challenging. I don't feel as hungry in the morning, but I know that's when I'm usually looser, so I have to make myself eat something substantial. Still, few mishaps so far. As long as I can get down enough liquids and solid proteins, I'm good. If this is as "bad" as it gets -- and it's not that bad at all -- I can definitely live with it for another six months or so.

I started out at 183 at my first OB visit. Then I went down to 178 during the first trimester. I just didn't have much appetite and felt nauseated a lot. Just a few vomiting incidents. Now I'm at 186, so a net gain of 3 pounds so far. I think that's pretty good. I'm definitely getting a "baby belly" and at every visit so far everything has looked good. The less I gain now, the more room I have to pack it on next trimester, when I'm most likely to anyway. ;) Next week is my big ultrasound, where we'd find out the sex if we were doing that. More important to me is measuring the baby's growth and development. As long as the baby is growing well, I'm happy.

I'm still exercising pretty regularly, but I don't push myself if I'm feeling especially tired. I found this prenatal yoga DVD that I just love. It has sections for energizing, relaxing, breathing and meditation, as well as some birth room yoga practices and some post-partum stuff. So I can mix and match depending on how I feel and my stamina level. I'm also walking, doing low-impact aerobics (it doesn't take much to get my heart rate up, probably because it's pumping more blood!), and some strength training. BabyFit, Spark People's site for fit pregnancy, has a few videos that use light weights, a stability ball and/or a resistance band.

I feel all proud of myself when I'm exercising. I think, whee, I'm exercising while I'm pregnant. I never, ever would've done that before! I'm going to be a fit mama, dammit!

Yes, I know that getting in exercise with a little one is going to be even more challenging, but I'll try my best. I don't want to lose this, I really don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment