I wondered, should I be tracking my weight gain too? I'd rather not. ;) I'm still at 186 as of this morning -- I weigh myself at least once a week still, although I probably shouldn't -- so I don't see a reason to worry.
I read various forums and have stumbled across a few people who are banded and pregnant. I am kind of appalled at how upset some women are about gaining weight. Maybe that's easy for me to say since I haven't gained much. I do understand it -- we've worked so hard to lose weight that gaining is anathema. But you have to get used to the idea that it's not fat; gaining weight while pregnant is normal and necessary for the health of the baby. Even the most obese women are "allowed" (whatever that means) to gain some weight when they get pregnant. You're sustaining another life inside of you. That needs to take priority. You should not be dieting. The great thing about the band, no matter what your doc's stance on it, is that you can get it adjusted later and lose the pregnancy weight easier.
Most of the time you can follow a very normal exercise routine too. There will be things that you can't do, but unless you have complications you generally can (and should) be exercising. That will help you to not gain as much weight, either. But you also have to realize that you may be too tired to exercise as much or for as long. That's OK too. You should not push yourself too much.
I don't exercise as much as I used to. This week it's been due to work; I just don't have enough time to fit in everything and going to bed at midnight isn't an option. I wish exercise didn't take a backseat to it, but sometimes it does. I'm not going to get upset, though. I'll just get back into it as soon as I can.
mental exertion vs physical exertion
8 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment